2013-06-15, 20:50 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Office 2010 required me to verify product key though I already did.
I installed office 2010 several weeks ago, giving the product key. Today when I went to open Excel, Office asked me for the product key again, and the verification process took 2 or 3 minutes. Why does this happen?
Last edited by jsallen; 2013-06-15 at 21:02.
Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!
Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!
+ Get this BONUS — free!
Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!
2013-06-16, 10:03 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Miami, Florida, USA
- Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
- Close all open Microsoft Office windows.
- Click the Windows Start button, type in:
and then click the "excel.exe" link that appears at the top of the Programs list.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button at the top left, and then click the Excel Options button at the bottom right.
- Click the Resources link at the bottom left, and then click the Active button middle right.
- Follow the onscreen instructions in the Activation Wizard.