Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Need old version of Photoshop CS

I am migrating to a new computer and I have the serial number for Photoshop CS (aka Version 8) but I can't find the file I downloaded to update from Photoshop 7 to CS on my hard drive. Searching the web, I found a 30 day trial for Photoshop CS, but there doesn't seem to be any way to enter the serial number to convert the free trial to a working copy.

I could not find a download on Adobe's website.

Does anyone have any ideas on getting a copy of the install CD or update file?

Thanks,
    Charlie

Thanks
    Have you looked through eBay or even Craig's list?
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2013-06-18 at 18:24. Reason: corrected
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I've searched both eBay and SF Craig's list. I just need to borrow the CD (or image) as I have a valid serial number to re-install the SW.

Thanks
    Try one of these:
    10 Websites To Download Older Versions Of Software:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-webs...ions-software/
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RussB For This Useful Post:

bigbadsteve (2013-06-20),ckleiman (2013-06-18)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    RussB.... great set of resources. But no Photoshop. I think that Adobe is keeping their old software from being posted.

Thanks
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

ckleiman (2013-06-19)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Clint, thanks for finding the entry on eBay. I saw lots of CS5 and CS6, but not the old one.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Charlie,
    It may be that the trial version of CS is so old as to be out of date and therefore cannot be activated and also Adobe no longer supports CS. If it can be activated there should be a choice to enter the licence number or continue to a trial during the installation. If not but CS does in fact install and run, try HELP>Product Registration. Failing all, update to a more recent version, I suggest CS6 to go with your new machine, it is worth it. CS6 is the last version to be released on disc, in future photoshop and Creative Cloud (CC7) will only be available from the Cloud by subscription. Welcome to the world of rapid built in obsolescence. Cheers.
    Mike

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MAJOR WARNING: Installers with links posted from blogs to file sharing sites, and some, possibly all, 'Old version' sites, are not safe installers. Do not download from any 'Old versions' website until you find the page at the site saying who uploads installers there. If you can't find that information, or it's ambiguous, e-mail the site owner and ask them (presuming they apprear trustworthy enough to bother at all). 'Old version' sites I've checked have user-uploaded installers, i.e. anyone can upload any executable. Virus checkers only pick up major virus variants. If you run a 'clean' computer, keep it that way!

If any Windows Secrets newsletter editors read this post, please stop advising people to use 'Old version' sites in the newsletter, unless they are safe ones! (I've seen some of these dodgy sites mentioned there at least once without the caveats).

FileHippo is good, clean site which has some old program versions, but anything as huge as Photoshop installer is extremely unlikely to be hosted by any reliable free website, as their server costs would become quite large.

Lounger
    Thanks
    You can grab yourself a free, legitimate copy of Photoshop and the rest of the Creative Suite 2, right now, directly from Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Read the story here:
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...officially.htm

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aloarjr810 For This Useful Post:

bigbadsteve (2013-06-20),k64 (2013-07-10),menehune (2013-06-20),Paula (2013-06-20)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Photoshop CS on its original disk. If you send me your snail mail address I'll copy it for you, minus the serial number of course. You'll have to use yours to install it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Charlie:

Recently Adobe has "released" the entire Creative Suite CS2. It is available as free downloads directly from Adobe at: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/

My experience is that the entire Suite failed on install, but the individual applications all worked great when installing separately.

No need to try to find nulled versions. These come with Adobe supplied serial numbers.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Interesting- I am intrigued why anyone would want to use such an antiquated tool i.e. so many revs back when the new SW is so much better (and runs on modern HW and OS's). Don't you have to install Win 95 to run PS 7? :-)

I'm just saying....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to allanhm For This Useful Post:

bigbadsteve (2013-06-20)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Antiquated how? Unless you are a professional graphic artist most of the enhancements aren't going to be used by the average hobbyist or amateur artist and photographer. And there is no upgrade path from older versions to CS6 except for CS5, so how does one justify $600+ for the latest software?

Also, v 7, CS, and CS 2 run fine on Windows 7.
    Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast