Thanks

Unhappy Freeware CD/DVD eject/close 64bit Win8

Back in my XP days, I'd found a nice little freeware program that did what I want. It started with Windows and resided in the tray. I could use hot keys to open/close the drawer. If I didn't close the door within 15 seconds, it would do it automatically.

Did download one that at first seemed to work. It didn't. Sure it would eject but wouldn't close automatically. When I brought it up from the System Tray and clicking on the 'close' it would inform me the drawer was closed. DUH! No it's not, it's still open.

I've tried 2 different programs, Eject and Eject CD. Neither works correctly, so I dumped them.

Any info/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks
    I've occasionally used Freeeject from a desktop icon, but not on Windows 8.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    I'm looking for a program that resides in the System Tray and can be accessed with hot keys.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Odos270: This is exactly what you want and a very great deal more, but at the cost of $20 + learning curve.

True Launch Bar:

http://www.truelaunchbar.com/

'CD Control' [optical drive tray] component thereof:

http://www.truelaunchbar.com/plugins/cdcontrol.php

The attached pic outlines in white the CD Controls for my drives, using different, context appropriate skins. The pic also displays the entire True Launch Bar [TLB] segment I have constructed for my Windows 8 system using a vertical Taskbar set to Auto-Hide.

Yours could be limited to precisely the CD Control(s), with skins and specific Hot Key assignments of your choosing. I prefer a comprehensive array for my entire Windows system, with all Windows internal controls, including shutdown shortcuts, 3rd party utilities, and all applications organized for immediate access in surface icons and cascading menus according to my logic. The complexity lying behind this simplicity absolute customization is staggering.

Well, just a suggestion; I do believe this the finest, best dollar-value Windows customization utility. But I also understand you wanted free

Good luck!

True Launch Bar_Drive Controls Underscored.png

Thanks
    Found what I wanted. Installed and so far working just fine. Have an icon in the tray, click once and drawer opens. 2nd click shuts the drawer.

TrayCD 1.2
    http://code.google.com/p/traycd/