New Lounger
    Thanks

Can Outlook (2007 or later) have multiple Exchange accounts?

I am moving my email from an old POP3 server to exchange (provided through Comast Business). I have never experienced Exchange before.

I have mulitiple POP3 email accounts which I access using Outlook 2007. My wife does the same with Outlook 2010.

I have both new exchange accounts up and running fine. We have our emails seperate but share calendar and contacts.

When I attempted to add a second excnange email account to Outlook (2007) it said only one exchange account can exist at a time. Does anyone have any experience or advise on how I can manage multiple accounts through Outlook using exchange? Or is it just not possible. I'd like to move away from my old POP3 server.

The purpose of the other email addresses is for marketing within our company. By using different email addresses it allows me to see where our business is coming from.

Thank you all for your valuable input over the years. I'm a lurker, not a contributer but have been a paid member for a long time.

Harry

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I'll read it now. I searched Microsofts site and could not locate that.

Thanks
    You're welcome.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Outlook 2010 and above supports multiple Exchange accounts within an Outlook profile. Prior to that you have to use 1 primary Exchange account and then add any additional mailboxes via delegation as the above article outlines.

Alternatively you can have multiple Outlook Profiles to achieve what you want, this however may not be as seamless as you want requiring you to close Outlook, re-open select your alternative Outlook profile and using the associated Exchange account within.

If you are using Office 365 it might be worth changing your plan to allow for Office 2013 subscription. If however you are using hosted exchange via your employer or 3rd party provider then you'd have to go with full retail product or Office 365 for individuals which is the office suite via subscription.

IMO Outlook 2007 > Outlook 2013 is worth the upgrade especially if connecting to a recent Exchange server version of 2010/2013.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If Outlook 2010 does as you say that seems like the alternative I am looking for. I'm going to explore that option. Thank you for replying.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Indeed it does. Glad you found the post helpful.

If you are purchasing off the shelf you probably won't be able to get Office 2010 any longer, 2013 has flooded the market.

Thanks