3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm back with another question..

I have a query which groups is based on 3 tables.. The table is linked by 2 field. [Recipient] and [Description].. One of the tables has a signature field that I would like to update based on the results of the query.. In the query I told it to show the [Signature] field from that table.. But for some reason I get a message saying This recordset is not updateable.. Is there a reason for this.. I looked in help and it tells you that you can update a field in a query based on multiple fileds.. I stumped? Thanks for the help..[img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I'm back with another question..

The problem is that something else is making the query non-updateable. Make sure you have the Unique Records property set to true for the query. Also make sure you have all the key fields and required fields of all the tables on the query grid. Otherwise, at least in Access 2000, it won't be updateable no matter what you do.

If you still have problems with it, post the SQL for the query and maybe someone can figure out what the problem is.
    Charlotte