New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Moving messages from inbox to folders

Had email acct with clear.net and discontinued their (very poor) service. Have a ton of messages in my inbox that I would like to move to folders. When I try to move any message I get error message that I am not connected to the imap server. Another box pops up saying windows is moving message but it doesn't move.

How can I do this to clear my inbox?

Thanks
    What are you using (Outlook, WLM) for your email client. Please provide more details
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Windows Vista home Premium, 64 bit, using Windows Mail. My old ISP was Clear and they had me set up using Imap.gmail. I can read the messages in the inbox and connect to the internet if there is an in-bedded link. Opening the Mail I get a message the I am not connected to the server. Trying to move the message gets the same error message.

Thanks
    Why imap?

I use Windows Mail on Win-7 and Win-8 with several GMail accounts, even one from my ISP which is GMail based.

And nowhere do I use Imap.... just POP.

If nothing else, save your email to My Documents, for permanent storage. I do that for very important email, and then I back up My Documents to an external HD, every day.

Good Luck?
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your reply.

I tried it and it works but I still get the server message each time I open a message.

I too have always used POP but when I went to Clearwire ISP they said I had to use Imap because I had more than one computer on their system. I would advise anyone looking for a wireless ISP not to use Clearwire.

Again, thanks for your help.