Thread: Bing

Thanks

Bing

I was reading today's newsletter and it reminded me of a question. Every time I run Windows Update I find an optional Bing Desktop update. I "hide" it and it re-appears next time. I have looked in the Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel and do not find it listed, so I wonder if Microsoft is trying to push some junkware onto my system. What is Bing Desktop? Is it a legitmate update for something already on my system? If so, what? Maybe I can remove it. '

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This page describes Bing Desktop. I like it and use it all the time, but it is optional and I avoid letting it install on many work computers where it may just confuse average users.

It's almost certainly not an update for something already on your system. It should remain hidden if you choose to hide that update; I do that on many PCs and don't see it again.

Bruce

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    ... but from the last post in this thread, it appears you may need to hide it for each new version (three so far): Bing Desktop update won't stay hidden when I select Hide Update

Bruce

Thanks
    Thanks for that link. Now I understand it. It doesn't look like anything I'd want, so I'll keep hiding it.