New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live Mail

Hello, I am trying to set up an Out of Office message in my Windows Live Mail. I have read many mixed responses from you can't to setting up a new message rule. I decided to try to create a new rule so I created my Out of office message in Word Pad and saved it. I made a new message rule for any mails that have my name in the To line to display the Out of Office message. However, a box pops up to choose which folder to apply the rule to and the only folders that Pop up are my Storage folders and the Sub folders. How do I choose my out of office message to display for new mails that come into my Inbox? Any help is much appreciated as I am leaving for vacation and wanted to see if I could set this up before I leave. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter!!
    Last edited by RP74; 2013-06-21 at 15:27.

Thanks
    Hi RP74
    WSL.JPG

The easiest way to set O of O message is to access your account directly.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Roderunner,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Why can't I set up the message rule for incoming mail to my inbox? Why doesn't it give me that option? Thanks for your help!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What type of email account are you using with Windows Live Mail?

Do you intend to leave your computer running, logged in and connected for your entire vacation?

Bruce

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RP74 View Post
    Hello Roderunner,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Why can't I set up the message rule for incoming mail to my inbox? Why doesn't it give me that option? Thanks for your help!!
    I believe RR is referring to the provider of your mail account. Many ISPs like Comcast provide automated vacation or out of office relies by logging into their Web mail. If you are using Outlook.com (or Hotmail), Log in to Outlook.com. Then click on the gear icon and select more mail settings. Then click on "Sending automated vacation replies. Gmail and Yahoo mail should have similar options.

Jerry

Thanks
    Thanks Jerry, couldn't have described it better.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!