New Lounger
    Thanks

Email Addressing - Unruly Behavior

Outlook 2013. Using a corporate address book. Pesky addressing issue:

Most of the time, address resolution works as it has for several Outlook versions. I type "john" and all the Johns in the address book, and to whom I have sent messages before, are presented to me with a frequently-used name highlighted. I type [Tab] and it places the name on the "To:" line with a ";" behind it. The cursor stays on the "To:" line. The next person's name can then be resolved and placed on the "To:" line in the same way.

There are a few names, however, which my new installation of Outlook handles differently. I type "george" and I get no resolution list, even though I think I should (we have more than one George). I type [Tab] to place "george" on the line. It doesn't resolve immediately, even though he is a frequent recipient from me." Instead of placing a ";" and letting me add another recipient, the cursor jumps to the "Cc:" address line. If I don't catch this and mouse the cursor back to the "To:" line, further addresses will be "Cc:". The "george" entry occasionally fails to resolve. When it does resolve, the font is green. Huh?

Thanks in advance for any wisdom anyone can provide ...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As a follow-up, it appears that the recipient's name showing in green font happens when Outlook knows someone is unavailable. I'm inferring here, t - this is not something that I *know*. I'm hoping someone can confirm or supply the correct information.

Thanks in advance ... !