4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question about system sound levels

I've asked this question before when I purchased my Win 7 desktop computer, and received a clear answer, but I can't seem to locate the post using advanced search, so I'll ask again (sorry).

I've just purchase a Win 7 laptop, and I'm having the same problem as I had with my desktop. The system sound volume is very faint, while the playback sounds are very clear and loud. How can I set the systems sounds to the same level as the playback sounds? There was a simple fix for this for my desktop, but as I mentioned, I can't seem to find the post.

Thanks again for any help.

Thanks
    Did you try double clicking on the speaker icon in the system tray and click on Mixer?

Jerry

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, Jerry.
    Yep, tried that, and everything else I could think of. No luck.
    But as I recall from the last time I had this problem, it was just as simple as finding the right screen and checking a box. However, last time the problem was with my desktop, this time it's with my laptop (both running Win7). And for some reason, the laptop doesn't show as many options on the different screens as the desktop does, so it's probably associated with a difference between desktop and laptop drivers. Looks like it's time for a call to Sony tech support.
    Thanks for replying.