2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy Resize windows in XP

I usually work only in maximized windows. Until recently whenever I opened a file, it opened Maximized.
    A few months ago I believe I resized a Notepad window to narrow it down to display only a few lines. This now occurs when I open
    .txt files that use Notepad, and may also involve other windows being used by different file name extensions.
    However, I have a desktop shortcut to the Notepad application that when I use it to open Notepad with no particular
    file, it opens full screen, as called for in the shortcut properties data.
    I would like to be able to once again open Notepad either with an empty screen ready for use, or when I open a file that
    uses the Notepad application.
    I searched the Lounge for help, but all the posts it found are fairly old and the hints given there don't work for me.
    Is there anything new that will help fix this problem?

flavet
    Dell Inspiron 15R, 8GB, Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
    All help truly appreciated!

Thanks
    Resize the open Notepad window to whatever size you like, then do a File > Exit. The next time you open Notepad, it should remember that size.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A funny thing happened to me on the way to the opera.
    Thanks, again, SpywareDr, I tried your suggestion, (the same technique I have been trying an endless number of times in hopes that one day it will work), but it did not work. But while I was in one of the files that have been opening small, I said to myself, self, what if you extended the margins of this window to the edge of the underlying window (which was full screen), and, wahla, it worked, almost. It took the next open action to open one of the offending files and took it out to almost the edges of the screen. I then clicked the Maximize button, and it expanded fully, upon which I File > Exit'ed. and, wahla again, it now seems to be working as it always has in the past. Lets hope it continues to work this well.
    Thanks, again

flavet
    Dell Inspiron 15R, 8GB, Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
    All help truly appreciated!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Great to hear you finally got it working. Thanks for letting us know.