5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Recycle Bin - how do I find it and other probems??

My wife has a laptop and for various reasons, most of which I do not understand, her Recycle Bin has gone missing, yet when we "delete" a file or a folder, it still asks if we want to move it to the "Recycle Bin". So I don't understand how this happens when there does not appear to be a Recycle Bin.

Also, if I run CCleaner, it will empty a "Recycle Bin". So I guess my question is two fold - What has happened to the "Recycle Bin" and where/how can I find it? I would like it to show in Windows Explorer - at present it does not.

Another problem that has appeared and I cannot explain it is that she has a number of what look like duplicate files, yet they all have the same information in them. We tried to delete a folder from one of the files and it was deleted from both of them - what's going on? For example, her "My Music" file appears in the "Music" library, but, for whatever reason, it also appears in her "My Pictures" Library. They appear to be duplicates, but I think that one is simply a duplicate posting of the other. I have absolutely no idea how this happened - all I do know is that it wasn't me that created this situation, or situations, as the case may be.

Any help or insight that anyone may care to offer will be greatly appreciated by me and my wife. Thanks in advance.

Ron M
    Last edited by Ron M; 2013-06-22 at 15:54.

Thanks
    Click Start, type in "recycle", (not the quote marks), click the Show or hide common icons on the desktop link that appears, click once on the little box next to Recycle Bin to put a check-/tick-mark in it, and then click Apply > OK.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank You. Worked like a charm. Now, how do I get it to show in Windows Explorer?

Ron M

Thanks
    1) You're welcome.

2) Click Start > Computer, press [Alt-T] and then [O] (oh, not zero). Click the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders and drives", then uncheck/untick the little box next to the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" option. Because this is dangerous, you'll get a Warning box asking if you're sure. Click Yes to close the Warning and then click Apply > OK. (Warning: Leaving this second option deselected like this will allow any user to destroy some of the Operating System files that are actually running the computer).