Thread: Folder View

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Folder View

I have a folder of audio files containing over 2,000 sub folders. I want all the sub folders, but not the main folder, to display tiles, but have forgotten how to do this, and would appreciate someone reminding me.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    At the right top corner of Windows Explorer:

Is that what you mean?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    SpywareDr,

I don't see the dropdown list you show. A screenshot showing what I see when I open the list of subfolders I was referring to is attached. At present to see Tiles in the subfolders I have to set the view to Tiles separately for each subfolder, and you will appreciate that this is too time consuming when there are over 2,600 subfolders.

If you can clarify how to set the view to Tiles globally for the subfolders I would be very grateful.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Roy, This thread is in the Win 7 Forum. I believe the method shown by SpywareDr is in a previous version of File Explorer than you have in Win 8.

I believe if you look in the View Tab you will see Tiles as an option.

FileExplorerViewTab.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Thanks Medico.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted, I do have Tiles as an option in the View tab, but cannot set the view for all the subfolders to Tiles globally, and it is a pain having to do it for each individual subfolder.

Roy Whitethread

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    In that case you may have to go to CP>Folder options and set it for all folders of that type, provided they are indeed all similar type folders. Then set the view you want for the top folder without applying to all folders.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to F.U.N. downtown For This Useful Post:

royw (2013-06-25)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    F.U.N.downtown, thanks-I was unable to do it from CP>Folder options, but was able to do it from one of the subfolders that had previously been set to view Tiles, and was then able to reset the top folder view to Details without changing the Tiles view of the subfolders. I used this procedure before I recently reinstalled Windows 7, but forgot how I did it until your post jogged my memory.

Regards,
    Roy

Roy Whitethread