New Lounger
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Contacts - Country Name (Outlook 2000)

Good morning everyone. Can one of you good people out there tell me something please? When adding a new contact and filling in the fields, the address box has a spot for "country" In my case - Australia. I never fill this in because it isn't necessary, however the software adds it into every new contact. How do I get rid of the default to Australia? I would have thought there would have been a selection for [none] but of course there isn't. At the moment, after I have saved the new contact, I open the address box, delete Australia, and resave. There has to be a better more permanent solution!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contacts - Country Name (Outlook 2000)

unfortunately i don't think you can change the default behavior.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

BTW- what's wrong with leaving it alone? When i do mail merges i choose the fields an omit country. It was easier than deleting the country, since if i made changes, it was added again.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mary,
    I think my way of doing things must be different to yours. I take your point, thank you. Whilst I am in Word, I have added the "insert address" icon to my customised toolbar. When I am typing a new letter, I simply click on the icon which takes me direct to the outlook contacts, I select the recipient, double click and the address appears in my word document. It always dumps the "Australia" in as well. (I dont mail-merge as such unless I am sending a form letter, and in that case, yes I do as you suggested.) I have a list of roughly 350 business contacts and the thought of manually deleting the "country" from each address (including Business, Home + Other) makes me go quite pale!
    Thanks for your reply.
    Debby

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

In Word, have you tried changing the AutoTextt entry called AddressLayout to avoid this in Word? That might just do the trick for you.

Try this KB from Microsoft for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q211/4/24.ASP

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks for the tip. It took a while for me to work out just how to do that, but yes it works.
    Thanks.
    Debby