New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Explorer issues

Recently, I have been experiencing a very annoying issue with Windows Explorer. When I click on anything, such as a "save to" location for a download or just generally drilling down through Explorer, it takes for ever for the pop up window to become actually usable. I get the warning in the title bar saying "not responding" while the little blue circle thing spins. If I have to drill down through directory structure we could take 5 min. or more to go down several layers.

I've turned off antivirus and any other thing that might be scanning with no improvement. This is most annoying and a huge time waster. Any ideas?

Running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a 3.2 Ghz AMD w/ 8 GB RAM

Thanks
    Assuming you are using Windows 7, try right clicking on a problem folder, select properties, Click on the customize tab, and set "Optimize this folder for" to General Items.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, Windows 7 – 64-bit. This whole issue starts at the very top of the file hierarchy when I launch my computer and try to drill down from the C: drive right on through any folder below that. Anything I click on sits there for 10 seconds or more "not responding" and then finally loads and becomes active so that I can start over again on the next folder down.
    I just checked, most of the folders are already said to "General Items".

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    It's documents you want it set for, not general items. However if the problem persists, try the same hierarchy "dig" on another drive, see if it's slow also or normal, and run Crystal Disk Info or some other drive health check program to assure the drive is responding within normal limits.

Thanks
    You're right Fun, it is documents rather then general items. Thanks for the correction. My memory failed me in this case.

Jerry