3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Move Address book for Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail and preserver maili

I recently used Windows Easy Transfer to move settings, accounts and emails to a Windows 7 machine. A problem occurred where all of the names in a large mailing list were transferred to the new PC except all of the individual contacts in the mailing list were given their own contact in Windows Live Mail. This is not my PC and the user would like the mailing list transferred and not have the individual contacts in the mailing list also get their own spot in the contacts lost. The user was having trouble deleting the duplicates and I was not even sure if the mailing list was still there.

I realize I can Export the contacts to a CSV file and then import the file to the new machine, but will this protect the integrity of the mailing lists included?

Any other way to do this and accomplish what I am looking for.

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    All of the individual contacts in the Vista Windows mail show up as a .contact file. All of the contacts in the contact group show up as nameofgroup.group file. When I export the contacts, the group file is ignored. How do I transfer all of the contacts in the group file to the WLM contacts and keep them separate from the rest of the contacts?

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Never mind, I found out on a Microsoft help site that is is NOT possible to move "mailing groups" created in Windows Mail to another PC running a different MS product. Strange that MS would leave their Vista customer hanging out to dry with this.