Star Lounger
    Thanks

7-Zip folder encryption

I am trying to use 7-Zip to encrypt a folder structure. I have a word processor file in that structure which I am then trying to update. Just pressing 'save' in the word processor does not update the file in the Zip archive. I can 'save as' outside the archive but then it is saved unencrypted. If I then right click and use 7-Zip 'add to archive' to add it back to the archive there appears to be no way to place in the proper folder of the Zip archive. There must be an easy way to update the file in the encrypted archive. Can anyone help.

Thanks,
    Ivan

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The word processor won't work directly with 7-zip, you have to do the work yourself.
    To move the file to the correct folder within the archive try opening the archive in 7-zip and navigating to the folder, then dragging and dropping the file from Windows Explorer.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Hi Ivan,

To update one of my zipped archives, I move it to the desktop, unzip it, make my changes then re zip it + password. Delete the old one then return the new one to where I want it saved.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul. I just tried that, but the document goes back in unencrypted. But I tried another suggestion to unzip the whole archive, update the document and then rezip and encrypt it that works, so I've got a workable solution.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Tried it and it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Ivan