Thread: Merry Christmas

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Merry Christmas

I have a Power Point Viewer slide show called Merry Christmas on my machine, and it plays without any problem. I copied it to my friend's machine (we both have Win 7 Pro with SP1 and all updates installed, but mine is 64 bit and hers is 32 bit) but when I try to play it on my friend's machine I am told that Windows detected a problem with the file and that it cannot be played.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out?
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Hmm, check the Properties of the file on the problematic PC Roy, it may be blocked 'because it came from another machine', also - is Power Point installed, same version?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello satrow, I have learned it pays to always check the Properties of files, and I did so on the problematic PC. Nevertheless, I did so again and there were no problems. The same version of Power Point is installed on both computers. The only thing I can think of now is to uninstall/reinstall Power Point Viewer on the problematic machine, and I will let you know the result.

Regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    It may be a UAC thing, try with UAC on and again when it's off?

Did you try the same file back at base, it may have suffered some corruption?

Is there a different A/V on both machines, or is one set up slightly differently (thinking about 'auto-sandboxing' or similar interfering)?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello again satrow,

UAC is off on both machines.

The same file works fine back at base.

The same A/V is on both machines, and they are both set up the same.

Before reading your latest post I uninstalled/reinstalled PPV on my friend's machine, and Merry Christmas then worked without problems, so I can only assume one or other of the files associated with PPV must have been corrupted.

I ran Windows Update on my friend's machine after reinstalling PPV, and as I expected there were various updates to install, including SP1 for PPV.

Regards,
    ROY

Roy Whitethread

Thanks
    Sounds like you cracked it Roy (whatever it might have been)