New Lounger
    Thanks

Change automated scan from quick to full?

Sup guys?

I'm in task scheduler now and am looking at windows defender logs. (There are four entries, including a scheduled scan).

The problem is I can't determine how to switch the scheduled scan from a quick scan to a full scan?

I would like to schedule a full scan instead of a quick scan. (daily).

Any tips?

Thanks dudes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCastle View Post
    Sup guys?

I'm in task scheduler now and am looking at windows defender logs. (There are four entries, including a scheduled scan).

The problem is I can't determine how to switch the scheduled scan from a quick scan to a full scan?

I would like to schedule a full scan instead of a quick scan. (daily).

Any tips?

Thanks dudes
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I would advise against altering the scheduled (quick) scan, and creating a task for a full scan. The quick scan is easily disabled, if you don't want it to run. And you might find that the full scan run daily is overkill.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    To schedule a Windows Defender full scan, follow the instructions in this post with the exception of the arguments to add to the program in the "Actions" tab.

For arguments, you want Windows Defender to get the latest definitions update and then run a full scan; "-SignatureUpdate -Scan -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). There is a space after each argument.

(I have mine set for a daily quick scan and weekly full scan)
    Last edited by bbearren; 2013-06-28 at 21:45.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows