Star Lounger
    Thanks

HTML messages not opening properly (2000)

I am not sure if this is an Outlook problem, but since the manifestation is in Outlook I look to you for clues.
    Configuration: Win98SE, Exchange Server 5.5, Office2000, IE6
    Problem: Most HTML messages that need online connection with Internet to open do not open completely: either the message is cut off, or in other cases only the template comes up. This is true in every case of mail from these certain sources (e.g. Lockergnome), but other sources (e.g. Anchordesk) that work in a similar manner open well.
    Same message from same mailbox opened on another computer opens fine. If on problematic computer I Forward the message I see the whole text.
    Have tried to no avail:
    - new profile
    - uninstalling and reinstalling office2000
    - reinstalling ie6
    - all hardware drivers seem to be functioning properly

Does anyone have any idea what the source of this problem may be, or directions I can try (I am putting off reinstalling Windows, as it would take me a week to get back to normal work if I need to start from scratch).

Thank you in advance for any input
    Ofra

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML messages not opening properly (2000)

is IE6 the final version and did you ever have the beta installed?
    when you say
    <hr>If on problematic computer I Forward the message <hr>
    do you mean forward to another account or just hit forward and the message is displayed in the form? I really think it's an IE6 problem, try uninstalling that and reverting to your previous version (or IE5). An uninstall/reinstall of IE6 might work where a reinstall didn't.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML messages not opening properly (2000)

Thank you for your input.
    The IE6 version is definitely not beta. However it does not allow me to revert to previous version (grey). Which is why I only reinstalled.
    We suspected IE as well, but because the problem didn't appear in all cases we weren't sure. I guess I need to query the IE forum as to how to remove the IE when it doesn't cooperate.
    Thank you again for your help.