Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    TeamViewer does not provide VPN services, as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by crtrunner View Post
    Teamviewer can be installed or used in VPN mode. But it also has to be installed or run on a remote "connection partner".

Here is the USA WE allow free speech ...
    That was really the crux of the original question at the top of this thread;

"What are my alternative options? I need something that will let me get around censors and access remote content in the United States."

How could a resident of another country use TeamViewer to evade censorship of web sites?

I have used CyberGhost, both free and paid, with good results.
    Why, if TeamViewer is the greatest VPN service?

I wasn't previously aware of CyberGhost, but that does look like a good solution to the topic of this thread.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2013-07-21 at 09:01. Reason: added that CyberGhost could be ideal

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

satrow (2013-07-20)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Is there some ego issue with you? Why did you remove MY URL's when this whole thread is full of them? Here is the USA WE allow free speech and was in the TOS of this board. Last edited by ruirib; 2013-07-19 at 11:12. Reason: URLs removed.
    You need to mind your manners, to make sure what you write here complies with the Lounge rules.

Your links were removed because I considered they had nothing to do with the topic. You were a first time poster, posting links unrelated to the topic, so that made the decision even more clear.

Maybe you can prove me wrong regarding the relevance of the links to the topic, but until you do so, I see no reason to allow them, even if they are in other posts on the Lounge.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up StrongVPN

Quote Originally Posted by LANbeforetime View Post
    Hello all,

I'm interested in setting up a personal VPN on my laptop (running windows 7). I've noticed a lot of companies charge for the service. 1) Is it worth paying for a premium VPN service? 2) What are my alternative options? I need something that will let me get around censors and access remote content in the United States. Thanks for the help!
    I have been using StrongVPN (http://strongvpn.com/) for over a year and just renewed. They have different price plans, lots of options, easy to turn on/off (I keep mine on as a service). It works in conjunction with OpenVPN and provides you configuration files.

I have never been disappointed with the service. It is a little slower than without VPN but I tested several and the speed is quite good.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I ended up trying three different providers: Hide My Ass (Paid), Private Internet Access (Paid), and SumRando (Free). (I know, I may have gone overboard, but I wanted to see what worked best.)

Anyway, all three worked pretty well, though PIA kept disconnecting at obnoxious moments. I ended up sticking with SumRando since it was free and gave me the same speeds as the other two.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Ok, since the answer has been provided, I am closing this post. These posts seem like SEO spammer magnets, so let's make sure that doesn't happen here.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12