Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Error message
2013-07-03, 02:00 #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I,ve got a blue screen with the error message : cmuda. sys-address BA556CFC base at BA 498000 , Datestamp 44892a1b .
what does this mean ?
2013-07-03, 13:41 #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Johnson City, Tennessee, USA
- Thanked 215 Times in 202 Posts
Hello... cmuda is an audio driver...It should be listed in "Services" .. cmuda.sys You could try as a first step ...I have XP Pro SP-3 and can not find this on my OS.
1. Run a system scan using Malwarebytes Free ...Also run their "Cameleon" program while you're at it ( follow on screen instructions) to make sure that some "Bad" isn't hiding out there.
2. If all is OK, then try to "Stop" the "Service" and see what happens .... Regards Fred
PS: You can also try the system file checker ... "sfc /scannow" ( space after sfc and no quotes) command, from an "elevated command prompt" (right click run as administrator) ... This will check your file system and repair any corrupt files ...You may have to have the XP disk handy if the "i386" folder is not present on your OS.
Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2013-07-03 at 14:11.PlainFred
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)