Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cancelling a Macro (Office 2000)

I wrote the PasteUnformatted macro that Woody described a month or so ago in one of the newsletters. I'd like to cancel or pause it while I'm working in specific documents because I sometimes need to paste Excel charts and I don't seem to be able to with the macro running. Any way I can do it without deleting the macro?

Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cancelling a Macro (Office 2000)

Hi Biffarama,
    If I understand your question correctly, you are working in Word and when you try to paste an Excel chart into your document it brings over the information without the chart, which just looks sloppy.

If you paste the selection in any way besides Crtl+V you should get what you need. The macro is specifically tied to the keyboard shortcut so if you right click and select paste or go into Edit/Paste it will bring over the formatting. Also in the Office Watch after the paste unformated one there was a tip to make your Insert key function as a paste key (with formating). Any of these ways should solve your problem without the need to delete the macro.
    Hope that helps.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

To start Word (or new instance of Word) without any macros running (even without normal.dot) and documents open, start it from Run dialog box with /a switch, similar to:
    click Start | Run, type with quotation marks
    "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Officeofficewinword.exe" /a
    and hit Enter

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help. I thought that he mentioned something about the Insert key but I couldn't find that particular Office Watch to jog my memory.