New Lounger
    Thanks

W8 Loading Wrong Printer Drivers

I have an Epson BX635FWD printer, which has been working fine on my wireless network for ages. I have recently (within the last 6 months) added a couple of Windows 8 laptops in to the network, and set them up to work with the printer. To begin with all was fine, but within the last few weeks those machines have taken to loading up different drivers, for a different Epson printer, which consequently fails to work with the printer. - Re-loading the correct drivers manually, and even completely deleting the erroneous version for good measure, works fine for a while... Then it happens all over again, and the wrong drivers reappear!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It's a nuisance, but not an insurmountable problem, and I don't expect there to be a fix unless Microsoft cure it. - It has to be something to do with W8, as none of my W7 machines are affected.

Thanks
    You say you re-loaded the correct drivers. Did you actually remove the printer from CP, Devices and Printers then reinstall it? This solved a problem I had quite some time ago. I removed the printer completely then downloaded and reinstalled the drivers and S/W I needed. All is now well.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Chuko,

You might want to check your Windows Update settings to make sure you aren't loading drivers offered by WU. They are known to cause problems. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried completely deleting the printer from the W8 machines, but the rogue drivers reappear... I will take a look at the WU settings when I get a moment... I guess that's quite likely where they are getting in!