New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't un-install Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

Fred Langa posted information on "Win7"s no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall".
    I would like to refresh a Windows machine using the original Windows disc, a prior to SP1 version.
    The suggestion to remove SP1 from my machine makes sense, but the system will not let me un-install SP1.

Any work around?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    There were Windows 7 SP1 ISO images that you could download, but all of the links seem to lead nowhere now.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I would download the ISO of Windows 7 SP1 in whatever flavor you are currently using, burn it to DVD and use that for the nondestructive reinstall.

http://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-7.html#.Uds32NK-1Bk

Edit: The ones on the page that I linked to seem fine (I checked two of them).
    Last edited by F.U.N. downtown; 2013-07-08 at 18:11.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F.U.N. downtown View Post
    I would download the ISO of Windows 7 SP1 in whatever flavor you are currently using, burn it to DVD and use that for the nondestructive reinstall.

http://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-7.html#.Uds32NK-1Bk

Edit: The ones on the page that I linked to seem fine (I checked two of them).
    Thanks for that. They should be grabbed ASAP, it seems.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaossi View Post
    I would like to refresh a Windows machine using the original Windows disc, a prior to SP1 version.
    The suggestion to remove SP1 from my machine makes sense, but the system will not let me un-install SP1.
    jadaossi,
    Hello... Do you have a Image prior to installing SP-1 ? ( either a "Windows" generated or 3rd party software) Also is there a Recovery partition on your PC? Regards Fred

PS: for the record i also have not Updated to SP-1 on either 7 \ 32 or 7 \ 64 Main PC . Have it installed on my experimental machine....for the moment.

PPS: How is it that you can't roll back ...Did you remove the ability to do that ? When you install SP's in general you have a folder that allows you to recover ...
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2013-07-08 at 19:18.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)