New Lounger
    Thanks

.Net Framework 1.1 update fails multiple times

Never had a windows update problem in all my life. Today I installed 18 out of 19 updates successfully. Here's the problem:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2833941)
    Installation date: ‎7/‎9/‎2013 6:37 PM
    Installation status: Failed
    Error details: Code 643

I searched for help and found a "Microsoft Fix it" pertaining to the Error Code 643 and .NET Framework updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982.

So I download the Fix it CAB file but it ends up as: windowsupdate.diagcab rather than windowsupdatediag.cab as I assume it should be and will not run. So I rename it to windowsupdatediag.cab and it unzips but I don't know which file to run. Most files in the package are .ps1 and .psd1 files. There's 1 .dll and 1 .cat file.

Nightmare.

Maybe I should not worry myself to death about this .NET Framework update and just leave things as they are for now?

Anyone have any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Check this website. Worked for me

http://woodaway.wordpress.com/2010/0...framework-1-1/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Praeses For This Useful Post:

L1NGUS (2013-07-10)

Thanks
    I would try the steps listed in Method 2 (repair .net Framework) given on the link you supplied. Most of the time the problem is caused by a crupted installation of .net. Step 2 guides you through the steps to uninstall .net and then reinstall it.

Jerry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

L1NGUS (2013-07-10)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Praeses and jwitalka for your replies. I was able to resolve the issue. I used the Microsoft Fix it 50202 to reset Windows Update components and install the pesky .NET 1.1 update.