New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 on Win8?

Has anyone installed Office 2000 on a new Win8 install?
    I have been using this Pro version for years (obviously) and would like to continue. Does all I need.
    Upgrade assistant says not compatible but I seem to recall someone did an in-place upgrade to their laptop and it worked for them.
    Any ideas appreciated.

Jim

Thanks
    According to this MS Answers thread except for Outlook, it might work fine. Some others have had various success with older office apps on Win 8. Try it and see what happens.

I would recommend making an Image of your system prior to trying this as a safeguard.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

JimW1938 (2013-07-11)

Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been using Office 2000 on my Win8 laptop with no issues other than Outlook doesn't work, which I don't use, anyway.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JackStone For This Useful Post:

JimW1938 (2013-07-11)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackStone View Post
    I've been using Office 2000 on my Win8 laptop with no issues other than Outlook doesn't work, which I don't use, anyway.
    Thank you. I don't use Outlook either so I will go ahead and install 2000. I'm now retired and have no need for all the bells and whistles of the newer programs.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jim, hello.
    Let me add my voice to your request. I have installed Office 2K on all my OSes from Win2K to this now up-to-date, W-8 machines and I run 3 on W-8. FWIW. One MS representative once said that their worst competition with Office of any version, is previous ones. Jean.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to handcuff36 For This Useful Post:

JimW1938 (2013-07-17)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Jean,
    Office 2K installed just fine. Just did a custom install and disabled Outlook.
    Thanks. I recall seeing a post of yours several months ago where you had upgraded to Win8 on a laptop and I very vaguely recalled a comment about Office 2K working OK.
    Best, Jim

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You did read, Jim, my comment about a MS rep saying that their previous issues were the top competition in Office, be it 2K or 2003 or any of them ? I am quite happy in using O2K on any of my machines, mainly W-8 now on two of them and on some W-7 too. Thanks for confirming my opinion and $$$ saving scheme. Long live the non-ribbon Office. ( I could be JeanP1932 ) Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2013-08-04 at 08:27. Reason: W2K edited to O2K. OOoops !

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My apologies for not responding sooner. Yes, I did see the comment about the MS rep. Funny. There is no need to spend unneeded $$$ for a program upgrade if the current one is doing all that you need. Jim