Thread: Same problem

Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs down Same problem

I also get angry about this as it doesn't give me a chance to check what to install and what to wait on. ugh

Quote: Not mine but the same issue
    "To my surprise when I started my system (Windows 7 32bit Ultimate) this morning it told me that it needed to immediately restart as updates were pending installation - intrigued I investigated further and discovered that one of the updates yesterday appeared to have reset my Windows update option to 'Download and install automatically' so I have had to allow all the installations that I specifically unticked yesterday to be installed."
    Lyle Hensley
    Really Enjoying Every Breath
    Retired US Army
    1957 - 1978

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyman7 View Post
    I also get angry about this as it doesn't give me a chance to check what to install and what to wait on. ugh

"To my surprise when I started my system (Windows 7 32bit Ultimate) this morning it told me that it needed to immediately restart as updates were pending installation - intrigued I investigated further and discovered that one of the updates yesterday appeared to have reset my Windows update option to 'Download and install automatically' so I have had to allow all the installations that I specifically unticked yesterday to be installed."
    valleyman,

Hello... If indeed MS has the "Power" to change your settings ...at some point you must have installed some "Update" that will allow MS to do this ... The only way around this if this is the case, is to Un-install ( from the list of installed updates) anything that might have something to do with this ... I remember some time back in Vista..MS did this with something called "Windows Agent" I have solved this problem on my main multi-boot PC .. How you ask .. see screen shot...

PS: before you try this at home you best have a ( pay for) real security program(s) up and running...I use Norton Internert Security 2012, and Malwarebytes Pro... Nothing to do with MS ...done this for years with several OS's ..."no problemo"

PPS: Just remembered ...Some updates you can't "Un-Install" ...So the only option is to recover to a previous Image before you installed the "UpDates"....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2013-07-11 at 17:42.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)