New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Yet another Temp folder

Hi!

I have a bunch of folders called "c:\documents and settings\temp.mycomputername.000", "c:\documents and settings\temp.mycomputername.001", "c:\documents and settings\temp.mycomputername.002", and so on.

What are they? Can I delete their contents, or maybe even the folders themselves?

Thanks.
    C.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Hi!

I have a bunch of folders called "c:\documents and settings\temp.mycomputername.000", "c:\documents and settings\temp.mycomputername.001", "c:\documents and settings\temp.mycomputername.002", and so on.

What are they? Can I delete their contents, or maybe even the folders themselves?

C.

Hello... Have you tried CCleaner Free ? If not download and install and "let-er-run" and recheck ...This should remove the "temps" Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Back to my questions:

Thanks.
    C.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Are the folders new?
    What are the contents?
    Have you installed any new software or hardware recently?

Joe

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Back to my questions:

C,
    Hello... Temp folders \ files are made by your OS when you download , run , install, or update things ... If you are not sure about removing any you can do a "Full System Image" before you remove them... This way if something goes wrong you can just recover to a time before you removed anything ( takes about 10 minutes) ... This is a good practice to get into before you install or remove anything . I can recommend Macrium Reflect Free ...If you have questions about Imaging ,post a new thread on how to ,or with questions Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)