4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Security Updates (what do you do?) (All)

I'm wondering what people in offices do to update IE Security. There's a new patch out for IE 5.01 SP2 (I think that's the version, but I'm not 100% sure), and we're getting ready to apply it firm-wide. We usually go around to each desk and run the update, but I was wondering what other people do? I know that there must be a more efficient way, but I just wondered what people actually use.

Thanks for any and all input,
    Becky

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Security Updates (what do you do?) (All)

What we usually do - downloading patch, puting it to the server shared folder and sending the message through NetWare Messaging to apply it.
    By the way, sometimes patches are different for different versions of IE to solve the same problem (example: Q306121), and we can't prevent users to upgrade to the latest versions of IE; that's why we rely rather on firewall and frequent updating NAV server (we use Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition v.7.6), then on IE patching.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Security Updates (what do you do?) (All)

I monitor when new versions and patches come out and then download it to my system and update all other systems via networking. We use Norton AntiVirus 2000 v. 6 I check daily for definition updates and then dowload them, update each system and run a complete new scan. I have it setup to run continually and check emails prior to being open.
    lynndelap