Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Question PSI found end-of-life Chrome; installed Chrome is latest version

Just ran PSI (Personal Software Inspector, Secunia). It told me I had an end-of-life Chrome v.22 in App Data. I checked and, yes, it was there. When I checked my actual Chrome browser, however, it is the latest version, 28. I did not see it listed in the same App Data folder. (

What should I do? Any suggestions most appreciated, as always!

Linda

Thanks
    I would backup any saved passwords, bookmarks etc. and then uninstall Chrome; check the contents of the AppData subfolder and remove it if needed. Reboot and reinstall Chrome, check PSI again - I would 'force' a re-scan of PSI, as it might cache results.

Once you have confirmed it as fixed, import the bookmarks/passwords etc.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    This sounds like a workable plan. I will try to do as you suggest. Might have to post back if I have some issues with what exactly to remove. Shouldn't be too much to backup since Chrome isn't my primary browser, but I'll soon see.

Thanks so much for getting back to me and so quickly - all the way from Cardiff!!

Linda

Thanks
    Yes, Florida's gotten further away recently, now we have to fly via English airports ^^ much slower than electrons, too!

You may find reverting to the older version of Secunia (v2, assuming you use v3) might suit you better, the v3 interface is a little too 'dumbed down' for many.

I hope that fixes it, I don't use Chrome so I can't cross-check anything first-hand

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Success - and it was even easier than you said. Must be due to those flying electrons!!

First, I had just discovered via Secunia forums that I could go back to version 2.0, much easier to use though perhaps not as "pretty". That is when the issue showed up. Anyway, I ensured Google's latest version was in the "patched" PSI list and then, as per your instructions, deleted the Application Data folder for v. 22. Voila! All is now A-OK and PSI is giving me the all clear.

Thanks so much, sartow.

Linda

P.S. Cardiff is in Wales, is it not?

Thanks
    Excellent news!

Yes, Cardiff being the Capital City of Wales

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Having experienced similar situations with Chrome, they can simply be solved by deleting the old folders. This is a rather frequent situation.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the additional info, ruirib. I was nervous about doing it since I hadn't seen a corresponding folder for the latest version in the same Chrome app location. Will do that next time.

Linda

P.S. to satrow: Oops. I should have remembered that Cardiff is the capital. My British geography definitely needs refreshing!