5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another Problem!! (Access 97)

I am ready to take the bridge with this database. Now one of the users is getting an error when she tries to open the database - "The Microsoft jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. (Error 3197)

This error can occur in a multiuser environment.

Another user has changed the data you are trying to update. This error can occur when multiple users open a table or create a Recordset and use optimistic locking. Between the time you used the edit method and the update method, another user changed the same data.

To overwrite the other user's changes with your own, execute the update method again.

How do you execute the update method???

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Another Problem!! (Access 97)

What Access is telling is that from the time you looked at a record until the time you attempted to update that record with changes, another user updated that same record. If you proceed, then the changes the other person made will be lost.

If this is a bound form, you can "execute the update method again" merely by moving off the current record.

Given your description of problem, I'd hazard a guess that there is a startup form that is updating a record somewhere, for some reason.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Another Problem!! (Access 97)

Hi Linda,

See the following article at MSKB:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q182/8/67.ASP>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q182/8/67.ASP</A>

regards,

Dan

Edited to activate link -- Charlotte