Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    239
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Address Book Problem

    I have just installed Outlook 2010 onto a new PC. I imported an address book from Thunderbird using a CSV file and the details have come in largely OK, just expected detail issues.

    The problem I want to fix is illustrated in the attached image. On the left you can see Contacts but on the right it is shown as Contacts - Adobe. Adobe is one of the accounts but the address book is available to all accounts. Is there any way I can remove Adobe so that it just shows as Contacts. Contacts - All would be OK.

    Is this possible please? I am happy to trash this list and start over if that is needed but I suspect it will create another problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    239
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    After uninstalling Office several times with heavyweight uninstallers to no avail, I eventually found the answer is that Outlook adds the name of the account that is the default when the address book content is imported. Why it has to add the name of an account to something that can be used by any account is beyond me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •