New Lounger
    Thanks

Sign out not displaying lockscreen

I set up Windows 8 to display a custom image rather than the space needle image months ago. When the computer booted, a user signed out or locked the screen, the custom image was displayed. Then my monitor started failing, and I began to get a blank (cyan) screen with the date and time but no image. I can understand this because the monitor was not responding properly. So I replaced the 19" monitor (1280x1024) with a 22" monitor (1920x1080). I updated the images with new ones to match the new monitor resolution. But now, I only get the custom image when the computer boots or a user locks the screen. If one signs out, they get the blank cyan screen with the date and time but no custom image. Anybody got any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks
    Try reverting back to the space needle or one of the other images to see if the problem goes away or persists.

If that resolves the problem, then there's some issue with your image.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Reverting back to the space needle doesn't work at all because it is the wrong resolution.

Thanks
    My point is that if you backtrack to whatever Windows offers as the default, and if there's no other problem, then it should work.

Another possible problem is that you have the wrong video driver or monitor driver, or your video / monitor settings are not correct.

You may also have a bad video card. Try a different one.