New Lounger
    Thanks

Location of Editor options in Word (and the Registry)?

Background
    My PC has access to a Server, so I can either sign on Locally or on to the Server (different Userids).
    All MS Office entities run from my C: drive.
    I am visually impaired.

The Problem
    Whilst logged on to the Server, in Word 2010 in the VBA environment I selected Tools/Options/Editor Format and, for Comment text, increased the font size, changed the font face, and italicised it.
    I then learned that changing one item's font changes them all.
    At the end of the day I saved my work on the C: drive and closed down.
    The following day I happened to be signed on locally, opened the saved Document, and on entering the VBA environment (via PF11) I noticed the font etc. had reverted to normal. As the previous settings hadn't proved to be much of an improvement, I wasn't too concerned.
    Later, I happened to be signed on to the Server, and loaded Word to do some minor VBA Editing.
    Surprisingly (at least, to me), the previous settings were still extant.
    As they were no improvement on the basic settings, I decided to revert.
    However, an selecting the Tools/Options/Editor Format tab, Word immediately reported an or, saying it had to shut down, which it did!
    Assuming this to be a one-off glitch, I restarted the PC and tried again, with the same outcome!
    The following day I uninstalled MS Office 2010 (from Local), signed on to the Server to check it was gone (it was), and re-installed it using the Local signon.
    Word looked OK on Local, but on the Server it still hade the modified settings, and crashed if I tried to modify them!!!

Presumably the Editor settings are somewhere in the Registry (for different Users), but I'm not experienced in delving about in there. Can any kind soul point me towards a solution? I suspect if I can "delete" the relevant registry entry/entries, Word will reinstate the default versions.
    Any help would be gratefully received....

Steve

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Log on to the Server account. In Regedit, go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\7.0\Commo n. Look at the values named FontFace and FontHeight. (The latter is the point size, shown as a hexadecimal value followed by the decimal value in parentheses). I'm not sure what the FontCharSet value does, but in my registry it's set to 0.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Freedman - simple, easy to follow, and most importantly, very effective!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks