New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Converter failed to save the file

Hi!
    I recently bought the Office 2013. Everything was working just fine. One day when I had to convert my .docx file to .doc for someone so that they could view it on their computer (which I assume did not support the .docx format), after that whenever I save a word document and click on it to reopen it I get the message 'Converter failed to save the file' It does open when I rightclick on it and click on the option 'open with' and then word. It also opens when I open word from start menu and click on file and then open but it doesn't open the file when I directly click on it. Help please!!!

Thanks
    Are you using Save As to convert the file or some other function?

Can the other person read and use the file?

What happens when you double-click on another .doc file not created by conversion (a legacy file)? Here is a sample.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 2013-07-18 at 10:16.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Save as for saving the document on my computer. After that if i have to reopen it by double clicking, it gives the message 'converter failed to save the file'. When I open this same file on another computer having previous versions of Word, it works fine. The attached .doc file opened with no problems.