Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Mine was by AsusTech

In my case, It asked me "bla bla" after uninstall which was remarked by AsusTech, so I remember that I've installed something, to download somethings from Asus Support page. So I just dont need it anymore and uninstalled. Nothing to worry, hopefully :-)
    Just to share my experiance. Rgds.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LaSwampMan View Post
    There are several issues here as I see it. First of all, I am paying for my bandwidth and connection. Not Akamai. If he or is associates would like to use some of mine, then they can pay me to do so. Second, with global terrorism and global cypercrime growing all of the time, I would not allow my computer or account to be used to forward files and information that I have no idea about. Who is to say that you are not a conduit for the next planning session for an incident such as the Boston bombing? My experience in LE tells me anytime that someone wants to do something in the background, time to shine the light on what is going on. Akamai never says what files or information is passed along on your bandwidth. He goes into a long winded discussion of who uses it, how certain software companies allow it (McAfee) and so on. Not! I removed it. If something does not run without it, then I figure that I did not need it in the first place.
    Seriously??? What the hell did all this crap have to do with the post??? What is in Bold is all that was needed...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi. I am a new member and very impressed by everything I see here. Above advice is good and I too have uninstalled the Akamai - I think mine came with a program called Internet Download Manager (IDM).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to this fabulous lounge, Philliat. It's been a life saver for me for years! And you'll find that the Loungers (with the possible exception of the new one above you who might have been having a bad day) are unfailingly supportive and polite in their responses.

Linda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12