Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    cmptrgy wrote, "This message has been truncated on the left hand side and a Show Full Message button on the right hand side. Clicking the button recovers the full message. Oldiesjock do you see this message on your computer?"

Yes, I do. If the email is truncated I see the notation, the "show full msg" box and clicking in the box does recover the remainder of the mail.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldiesjock For This Useful Post:

cmptrgy (2013-07-23)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldiesjock View Post
    cmptrgy wrote, "This message has been truncated on the left hand side and a Show Full Message button on the right hand side. Clicking the button recovers the full message. Oldiesjock do you see this message on your computer?"

Yes, I do. If the email is truncated I see the notation, the "show full msg" box and clicking in the box does recover the remainder of the mail.
    So you have the solution there. I think Yahoo must call it a feature.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On the XP computer I'm on now in which truncation isn't a problem, ruirib is correct about the feature
    When you are in Yahoo, select Mail Options in the Gear menu, scroll down to Advanced Settings and ensure the Full Featured radio button is checked in (Not the Basic option)
    --- I don't know whether or not it will be exactly the same on your computer as I don't know how Yahoo settings are presented in a different OS than XP but the principle should be the same

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well the mystery continues
    I am on my brothers XP computer using Yahoo and my WindowsSecrets newsletter is concantenated like my other friend's computer was the other day. But my first friend that I checked it is still ok as I mentioned before.

I tried Ctrl+/Ctrl- Following prior recommendation). Ctrl+/ comes out too large. Ctrl-. comes out too small.

Now on my brothers computer as well as my friend's computer with the concatenation issue, all I have to do is slightly adjust the bottom scroll bar and all is fine
    --- Neither computer has "This message has been truncated on the left hand side and a Show Full Message button on the right hand side"
    --- And in your case , selecting Show Full Message button works for you
    --- So in my friend's & my brother's cases, I recommended just using the bottom scroll bar
    ------ You could go into Yahoo help and ask what's the fix

I did notice that on both computers with the concantenation issue, WindowsSecrets was the only email that was concantenated
    --- I did notice that other email messages were displayed in different font sizes so maybe their website setup is configured to fit the screen. Who knows

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Although this issue isn't a show stopper it still interests me somewhat

My brother let me experiment a little bit on his computer in which there is a concantenation problem but all we have to do is slightly move the bottom scroll bar to easily read the full message
    --- His computer OS is an XP Pro and by selecting different themes in the display properties its possible to come up with different displays that come close to fixing the concantenation issue but he doen't want me to home in on it and make any changes

On my friends XP computer in which concantenation isn't a problem, I suspect his Themes feature is most likely different but since he lives a few towns over I won't know until I get back there
    --- Vaguely I remember his desktop font structure is different, I just don't know how to describe it yet

In your case since you have Windows 8, I don't know what themes or display properties are available but I suspect the solution is in there somewhere
    --- But since all you have to do is press Show Full Message you are in good shape just the same

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been a Yahoo Plus subscriber since 1998. I've thousands of emails saved in hundreds of folders over the time since. I went plus (for $19.95 a year) to get more storage space and to not have to see ads. I don't mind the $20. Their classic email had tons of fonts and far more options than their "new" version does. Each time they force out new options they break something else that used to work perfectly. For instance, I like my emails sorted oldest to newest, that was my default choice and has always been in all folders, their latest "improvement" broke that and for some reason Mail will just freeze and you need click refresh to move and that sets everything back to their default, newest first. They do not respond to feedback, it is impossible to get to a live person - though if you fiddle with your CC number and they can't bill you automatically they will suddenly sit up and listen to you, that only happens once a year though. People are leaving in droves and have been with each "new" version. This last one has driven people really nuts. I've even thought about moving, but I like web based mail and I don't like gmail and will NEVER use Hotmail or any MS mail version - horrible experiences with them since the beginning in the 90's. This newsletter has for the last couple years come truncated. It is the only thing that does, the only thing I get this big I guess, but it has been that way for at least two and maybe three years. So, as soon as I open it, I just go to the bottom and click "show full message" and I have it. Not bothersome really, though many other things are. I have begun looking for suitable alternatives but haven't found anything I trust yet, not enough to change an address I've had for 15 years for anyway, and then find a program to move all my folders and mail. But if they keep "fixing" things, they may push me that far yet, they have many of my friends. I remember when they were just a poor search engine and my email address was aol.com - that's going back into the Internet's stone age, lol.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    >>I have begun looking for suitable alternatives but haven't found anything I trust yet, not enough to change an address I've had for 15 years for anyway, and then find a program to move all my folders and mail.<<

I agree that the Yahoo Neo mail incarnation is lousy. (In another thread I discuss that some messages with attachments are corrupted). As to a program to move all your folders - you can access Yahoo using an IMAP setting for various email clients. That allows you to download all your folders.

I recommend Fastmail.fm for a reliable webmail service. Their conversation view is quite useful, better than GMail (IMHO) in terms of message grouping. Folder creation is easy and they also allow IMAP, so you could potentially synchronize there.

As far as truncation of messages, Yahoo's 'show full message' button must be used on long messages. That's such an irritant on Digest mail. For some busy digests, clicking the link at the top summary takes you nowhere until you go to bottom and select 'full message'. So, at least for digest mail, Yahoo has really got it wrong.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The comment in some of the posts that indicate show full messages must be used on long messages still baffles me
    One of my friends XP computer doesn't truncate WindowsSecrets newsletter
    On my brothers computer in which WindowsSecrets newsletter does truncate slightly and there isn't any message "This message has been truncated on the left hand side and a Show Full Message button on the right hand side"
    --- I was able to play with the Themes a little bit and truncation wasn't an issue on a couple of them but my brother doesn't want me to make any changes so I wasn't able to home in on whatever settings would have been acceptable
    --- Besides since WindowsSecrets newsletter is the only issue, I can understand why he doesn't want to make any changes
    --- He has plenty of emails with long messages and none of them concantenate their font structure is different

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldiesjock View Post
    but now some of my incoming emails are truncated. Notably, the WinSec newsletter I presume because of it's length
    this happens for me, too.

So, I configured Thunderbird to check my yahoo email and it works fine. Unless yahoo, in their infinite wisdom, decides to break it. So, I have yahoo email open in a browser at the same time i have thunderbird open and, on my phone i check yahoo and on another computer i have thunderbird checking yahoo.

I can provide settings I use if requested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12