3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

WakeUpToSleepTray

For the last week or so, everytime I start my aging Dell Dimension 9200 Desktop computer running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 and Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702, I get the following Error Message:

WakeUpToSleepTray has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Since I was just starting the computer, I obviously was NOT working on anything. So, I just close the Error Message withOUT any consequence.

I have never lost anything because of this Error Message, but it is becoming a real pain to have to deal with it every time.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this error message and how I might get it to stop occurring.

I do have Sleep, Hibernate, etc. set to OFF in my Power Settings in the Control Panel.
    Last edited by StevenXXXX; 2013-07-21 at 10:28.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Steven,

My guess is that a recent Windows Update has cause the program a problem. I'd suggest uninstalling the WakeUpToSleep Tray program. You should see this in Add Remove Programs. A google search tied this to SleepSeeker which is what may show up in Add/Remove Programs. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

StevenXXXX (2013-07-21)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did in fact download that SleepSeeker program about the same time.
    It was a useless program anyway, so I just UN-installed it.

Funny though, I also did a Google Search with the term WakeUpToSleepTray & just got some hits dated May 2013 that it "could" be a virus or something, but was not yet confirmed. It is not a virus & is from a legit company - but does seem to have some bugs (problems, not virus).