Thanks

Question WTH? 2 My Documents Folders

Just got done doing a full 'reset' of Windows 8 64bit yesterday. Today as I'm putting things back together, I now see that I have 2 My Documents folders. I had File History backing up my 'Libraries'. After the reset, I turned File History on, pointed it to the external drive that I used to store previous backups. Then imported the libraries to the new reset.

So, what went wrong? Can I delete 1 of the My Documents folders? When I mouse over them, they show the same creation date/time. When I right click and choose properties, 1 shows as folder. The 2nd 1 shows the size, 196MB and 2423 files and 973 folders.

Both folders contain the same files/folders.

TIA

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Same exact pathname for each as well? If they're both pointing to the exact same location then you can't delete one because they are one and the same. No idea how it might have doubled up except there have been reported problems/glitches with the whole reset and refresh process.

Thanks
    Hmmmmmm. The folder created a few seconds later has no "location" attributes. Beginning to think it may be ok to delete it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes it looks like that if the computer is to be believed. Also note that one says Location while the other has Target, as if it were a corrupted shortcut.

Thanks
    Well, I deleted the folder that had no attributes and rebooted. Everything is working as it should. It was the 2nd created folder, created a few seconds after the 1st one. So far, so good.

Thanks
    Can I just ask about the restore from File History? Was it simple to do, and did you just get the current folders and files, not the older ones? I guess the answer to that last one is no! One problem with any sort of backup is - can you restore from it?! Also, is it sufficient to just switch FH on, point to the relevant drive, and see all the relevant files. This is in case of restoring form an image - will I see all the files changed since that image?