3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Un-protect worksheet without PW

A colleague sent me a worksheet that was created by a retired colleague. Most of the sheet is password protected.
    Is there any way for me to create a new worksheet containing the same information that is unprotected so that I can edit it. I know how to do that in Word, but not in Excel.

Thanks
    As long as it wasn't protected with the option unchecked to allow the selection of locked cells, you should be able to drag over a range to select the cells then copy and paste to a new sheet. All the pasted cells should be editable.

If you are unable to select Locked cells but are able to select unlocked cells, select them individually or in groups while holding the CTRL key then copy/paste on a new sheet. The cells left upper corner grid button will not work here.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I can not select the locked cells at all. and that is what i need to copy. Holding down the CTRL key does not help.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Try this

click this

zeddy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did that Zeddy even as you were typing your reply and was able to unprotect the worksheet. However the Lounge has always been my first "port of call" when I have a problem. Thanks.