Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Possible UBUNTU problem

Hello all ,
    A long while back i fooled around with installing UBUNTU \ and LINUX Mint ... I didn't really care for them, so i have removed them from my PC's . This AM i received a E-Mail as shown in my screenshots ...Thought i would pass this along to anyone interested Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    Seems legitimate. They didn't ask you to "click here and enter your username and password".

Thanks
    It is legitimate, the Ubuntu forums were hacked a few days ago - the email is telling you that there's a chance that the hackers may be able to break the passwords, given time, and that you should change passwords for all accounts that you use the same email address and (a similar) password on.

Thanks
    I knew that it was. It's just that we so often get those types of messages, asking us to "click her and enter your username and password."

It was refreshing to see one which simply relayed information and didn't ask you to enter any.