Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

RT success story

A surprising story given the almost universal hatred for RT - OMG! They’re using Windows RT!.

PLEASE do not post a response say how bad RT is or how you could not possibly use it, how limited RT is, etc., etc.

This is just presented to say there is at least one situation where RT was the right choice for the situation at hand.

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Right choice or a choice that works? If the RT is handling all the students' needs without need for a laptop for other daily uses, then yeah, peer pressure aside, better there than a landfill. Otherwise $290 (with type cover) is still an expensive alternative to get Office integration. If Office for iPad and other tablets comes out shortly after the cobwebbed inventories are depleted, I guess we'll know why.

Thanks
    It is an interesting article, and yes for the right use it is ideal. I suspect you might see more of these type users exploring this as a viable alternative.

And I also do not believe Win 8 RT will become mainstream as that OS just does not have the power user ability, but for this specific niche, it seems fine.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    A surprising story given the almost universal hatred for RT - OMG! They’re using Windows RT!.

PLEASE do not post a response say how bad RT is or how you could not possibly use it, how limited RT is, etc., etc.

This is just presented to say there is at least one situation where RT was the right choice for the situation at ha

Joe
    Joe,

Hello.... "Kinda Like " XP EH? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Ya, well at this point, that phenomenon boggles the mind! I'm still waiting to be won over by a better OS, 9 years since this coming August when SP2 arrived. Was it you Joe who said I had to get over my loss of control though? Well, not for a while yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Hey Y'all,

Some times it's hard for us "enthusiasts" to remember that these devices are just "information tools". If the tool gets the job done buying extra is just ego, after all do you need a BMW to go to Wal*Mart or will a Honda Fit do just as well? I'm just sayin'

Of course these words of wisdom are coming from a guy who just bought a new Dell XPS (see specs below) when his Old Dell Inspiron 530 w/quad core processor worked just fine! But hey mine's faster than yours!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Some times it's hard for us "enthusiasts" to remember that these devices are just "information tools". If the tool gets the job done buying extra is just ego, after all do you need a BMW to go to Wal*Mart or will a Honda Fit do just as well? I'm just sayin'
    Wise words, very wise words .
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes indeed, my only problem with this was an interest in curtailing educational expenses. If there's one darn place where we could pool resources and make them both more efficient and less expensive and provide a more universal opportunity...this is a prime example. If your city and state is flush, and isn't trying to pass new and "interesting" taxes because the standard taxes just don't cover such frivolous things like road maintenance then this doesn't apply to you.