Star Lounger
    Thanks

Zone Alarm and WinXP

I loaded Win XP home version upgrade from ME last weekend. A vast improvement. Zone Alarm appears to have been brought over fine, but the internet lock never activates - although it's set to do so after 15 minutes of Internet inactivity, and all other ZA config settings are the same as before.

I haven't yet activated XP as my e-mail address is to change tomorrow due to ISP business activity - could that be the problem, that XP is communicating with Microsoft due to a pending activation?

ileacy

Re: Zone Alarm and WinXP

Are you running the latest release of Zone Alarm (2.6.357) as of today.

Restore Zone Alarm Control Center. Click on the Configure Tab. Check version. If out of date, click the "Check for Update" button on the same page.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - yes I have that version of ZA. I've just activated and registered my Windows XP, so I'll see if that makes a change.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    Make sure you have NOT activated the XP built in firewall. It's of very limited use anyway, as it does not attempt to block outgoing probes.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yup - it's not activated. Strangely enough, the log shows that ZA is blocking some entry attemtps, it just doesn't lock after 15 minutes of inactivity as set in the config.