New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation iNWARD EMAILS ARRIVING WTHOUT ATTACHMENTS

i have just installed SP2 for Office 2010 on my Windows 7 64-bit system.

I had no problem with inward emails before SP2, but now some emails are arriving WITHOUT attachments that I know were sent with them. There is no error message to say that attachments have been blocked (yes I know all about MS protection policies), and I know (from the sender) that the attachments were clean jpg, docx, and pdf files.

They just don't appear!

Why are they being stripped out? Is there a setting i need to change?

Help! It is embarassing to have to ask my senders to re-send messages with attachment to one of my webmail accounts (external to what I have linked to Outlook).

James

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Does that happen with all attachments?

My experience with Outlook is that only attachments with certain types are blocked and you can see a notice about it when you read the email. If that is not what is happening to you, I would suspect Outlook is not the culprit. That said, I am no longer running Office 2010, so I don't know if this is something specific to SP2.

Even with Office 2013, I use Outlook Attachment Enabler, to control what Outlook blocks.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    You didn't say whether or not you are speaking of your "work" email as opposed to your "personal" email.

If this is your work email, many companies will quaranteen (i.e. strip out) email attachments. That may, in fact, be the reason here.

But this is not likely the reason, because the problem started when you installed SP2 on your computer. It would have been happening before SP2 if your company was stripping the attachments.

Why not uninstall SP2 and see if the problem goes away?

Thanks
    Here's another reported problem with Office 2010 SP2:

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...look-2010-PSTs

Banned Member
    Thanks
    When Outlook does not show the attachment it means that the header are badly formed. You should use a transport rule to intercept the message and update the message header to content-type multipart/mixed. For more information about this issue, please check this discussion: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ts-but-owa-can