4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reference on modifying template

Is it possible to actually modify the templates (not slide masters) in PowerPoint?

For example, PowerPoint 2003 has a template for two and three content areas but not four. As best I can tell, PPT 2010 reduces that to one or two with no template for four. If I wanted to build one for four, is that even possible and, if so, how would I go about it? I have searched for websites that explain it but regardless of the search terms I mostly get links to modifying the master slide.

I produce a lot of slide decks for textbooks. One of the things I would like to build is a template that has a large area for a figure and a small area for the figure number from the textbook. Yes, I can do something like that with a slide master but then I have create or import it into every slide deck I work on. If I had a template for it, I could just use it every time I work on a new slide deck, it would just be there.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Thanks
    Ronny,

Just set up a slide the way you want it then save it as a Template (.pot in 2003 or .potx in 2010). HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem with that approach is that publishers want a different design (slide master) for each textbook and often times they provide me with the one they want me to use so I am back to having to do the modifications for each deck. A template can be applied to any slide master so if I could design a template slide, I would not have to redo it each time.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson