4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reference on modifying template

Is it possible to actually modify the templates (not slide masters) in PowerPoint?

For example, PowerPoint 2003 has a template for two and three content areas but not four. As best I can tell, PPT 2010 reduces that to one or two with no template for four. If I wanted to build one for four, is that even possible and, if so, how would I go about it? I have searched for websites that explain it but regardless of the search terms I mostly get links to modifying the master slide.

I produce a lot of slide decks for textbooks. One of the things I would like to build is a template that has a large area for a figure and a small area for the figure number from the textbook. Yes, I can do something like that with a slide master but then I have create or import it into every slide deck I work on. If I had a template for it, I could just use it every time I work on a new slide deck, it would just be there.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Ronny,

Just set up a slide the way you want it then save it as a Template (.pot in 2003 or .potx in 2010). HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem with that approach is that publishers want a different design (slide master) for each textbook and often times they provide me with the one they want me to use so I am back to having to do the modifications for each deck. A template can be applied to any slide master so if I could design a template slide, I would not have to redo it each time.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson