5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sending photos via Windows Live Mail

When I attach a photo to a Windows Live Mail message, and after sending it "view it as a slide show", a temporary file always appears in the recycle bin. Is it safe to delete that temporary file?

Also, if I subsequently forward the message to another contact the photo is not attached. Do I have to reattach it, or am I missing something?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Win 7 Pro 64 Bit-SP1 & IE11 & Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit & IE11-Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB

Roy Whitethread

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I use WLM for sending photos on a regular basis, but I have never had a temporary file deposited in the recycle bin as a result.

Avoid using the file attach (paperclip) when sending photos, use either the send "single photo", or "photo album".
    I've never had a problem with using the "single photo" method. You can size it on screen and that's the size that gets sent
    unless you specifically select maximum size or actual size.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Motherboard: DX58SO2*Chipset: X58 Express/Intel ICH10*BIOS: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203*Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 990
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 580*Memory: Corsair 12 GB, 4x3@1600*PSU: Corsair HX1000*Hard drives: REVO X2 160GB*OCZ VERT X3 120GB*5 mechanical storage drives (12 TB) total.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

DaveBRenn (2013-07-31),royw (2013-07-31)

Banned Member
    Thanks
    All email attachments have to be encoded as text which can add 33 1/3 % to the attachment size. If you send large attachments, upload and send a link instead of attaching.
    When you click on an attachment in an email program, the attachment is decoded to temporary Internet files. This is the normal activity.

Thanks
    Hi Roy,

If I'm sending a photo, I add it to the main body of the message if it's small enough.
    If sending large multiple photos, I put them in a folder, and use 7Zip then add it to my mail.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

royw (2013-08-01)