Bronze Lounger
    Birkirkara, Malta

Sending photos via Windows Live Mail

When I attach a photo to a Windows Live Mail message, and after sending it "view it as a slide show", a temporary file always appears in the recycle bin. Is it safe to delete that temporary file?

Also, if I subsequently forward the message to another contact the photo is not attached. Do I have to reattach it, or am I missing something?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

California & Arizona
    I use WLM for sending photos on a regular basis, but I have never had a temporary file deposited in the recycle bin as a result.

Avoid using the file attach (paperclip) when sending photos, use either the send "single photo", or "photo album".
    I've never had a problem with using the "single photo" method. You can size it on screen and that's the size that gets sent
    unless you specifically select maximum size or actual size.
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CLiNT For This Useful Post:

DaveBRenn (2013-07-31),royw (2013-07-31)

Banned Member
    On the Earth
    All email attachments have to be encoded as text which can add 33 1/3 % to the attachment size. If you send large attachments, upload and send a link instead of attaching.
    When you click on an attachment in an email program, the attachment is decoded to temporary Internet files. This is the normal activity.

Hi Roy,

If I'm sending a photo, I add it to the main body of the message if it's small enough.
    If sending large multiple photos, I put them in a folder, and use 7Zip then add it to my mail.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderunner For This Useful Post:

royw (2013-08-01)