New Lounger
    Thanks

Directx & Windows XP

Hi there

Questions:

1. How do you check which version of Directx you have on windows XP?
    2. Can you uninstall Directx 8.1 from windows XP?
    3. If you do not have Directx 8.1 installed on Windows XP,( it comes with the OS), how can you re-install it?
    4. Is it possible to load another, earlier version of Directx onto Windows XP without first uninstalling a previous version, ie. will the installation of an earlier version of Directx overwrite the version that is already installed?
    4. Is there a location where I can download the latest version of Directx for Windows XP, and what is the latest version?

Thanks

Billy

Thanks

Re: Directx & Windows XP

This may help for question 1:

Q308549 Description of Windows XP System Information (Msinfo32.exe) Tool

ileacy

Re: Directx & Windows XP

<hr>
    1. How do you check which version of Directx you have on windows XP?
    <hr>
    Start|Run|dxdiag

<hr>
    2. Can you uninstall Directx 8.1 from windows XP?
    <hr>
    In general DirectX can be upgraded but not removed. There is a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.voodoofiles.com/3346>DirectX Buster</A> tool, but, I have not tried it under WinXP.

<hr>
    3. If you do not have Directx 8.1 installed on Windows XP,( it comes with the OS), how can you re-install it?
    <hr>
    Download (see below) and run DirectX setup.

<hr>
    4. Is it possible to load another, earlier version of Directx onto Windows XP without first uninstalling a previous version, ie. will the installation of an earlier version of Directx overwrite the version that is already installed?
    <hr>
    I don't know, but suspect, that earlier versions (ie. pre 8.1) of DirectX can cause problems with XP.

<hr>
    4. Is there a location where I can download the latest version of Directx for Windows XP, and what is the latest version?
    <hr>
    DirectX 8.1 is available <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/directx/homeuser/downloads/default.asp>here</A>.